Hi! Thanks for taking a look around. I am Felicity Niven and here is a little bit more about me:
- I grew up in Albany, Western Australia and enjoyed the better part of my care-free childhood camping at various beaches in a canvas top camper trailer with no floor.
- When I was 17 I left home to go to uni in the big smoke, I met my husband after I’d been in Perth for just two days. We’ve been together for the 20 years since. We have two little boys who we adore.
- I love maths and problem solving and I spent 15 years studying and practicing in tax and finance. I used to think this was why I loved photography too (manual exposure can get real mathsy) but now I realise I just love to create. I do more photography now and a lot less finance.
- We try to live an increasingly intentional eco-ethical life as I am genuinely concerned about the future of our beautiful planet. I buy less stuff, I buy local and recycled as much as I can, I mend my clothes and I compost our food scraps. I’m raising our boys to do the same.
- I am grateful for every opportunity to do this work and for the beauty in the smallest moments, every single day.
- My whole life I’ve been surrounded by passionate photographers and so here I am. Photographing people makes me happy.
If you’re planning a chilled-out wedding or elopement or want to get some sweet pics of your family, get in touch, I’d love to hear from you.